STOCKHOLM · ORLANDO · FRANKFURT · LONDON · DUBAI
THE NORDIC CONFERENCE
Genetics · Hormones · Organic Acids · Mold & Toxicity
12-14 May 2023
Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, Dubai, UAE
We are delighted to bring you Dr Carrie Jones ND, global expert in functional medicine, IN PERSON to our Nordic Conference in Dubai! Carrie will, of course, be lecturing on one of her favorite subjects: hormone testing. She will be joined by Helen Gautschi RD lecturing on genetics, and Dr. Walid Khairallah MD, lecturing on Organic Acids, Mold & Toxicity.
Dr Carrie Jones Helen Gautschi RD Dr. Walid Khairallah
During this 3 day in person event, you will strengthen your clinical understanding; learning from experienced genetics and functional medicine clinicians. Enabling you to confidently incorporate new knowledge and tests with your patients to assist you in finding the root cause of their condition.
• Learn to interpret the DUTCH test in clinical practice. Understand how testing hormones in urine provides a more complete clinical picture of hormonal pathways than any other test method.
• Learn to interpret organic acids in clincial practice; testing organic acids is crucial to a comprehensive functional medicine workup.
• Learn how toxic chemicals and mold infections impact chronic disease.
• Learn how, if we understand genetic expression, personalised strategies can be developed to mitigate and, ideally, prevent disease.
• Nordic test-pairing: understand the benefits of including a genetic test for every patient; when combined with functional testing, genetics provides objective information allowing for a more precise treatment strategy.
You will receive
• 3-day IN PERSON lectures
• FREE access to our dnalife Certification Course – Online
This includes 6 tests:* DNA Health, DNA Diet, DNA Sport, DNA Mind, DNA Oestrogen & Medcheck
(You will receive instructions on how to log in to access this material after we have received your registration)
• FREE access to our recorded DUTCH training (without tests) with Dr Carrie Jones.
(This material will be released automatically to you on registration. You will be able to access it from your "purchased content" in your account)
• 50% discount off the following tests*
- DUTCH Plus
- Organic Acids Test (OAT)
(you can make your selection at checkout)
*Kindly note: testing is to be done on yourself to aid your learning. ONE of each test per attendee.
For you to get the MOST out of the in-person training we highly recommend that you complete as much of the online learning as possible BEFORE you come to Dubai in May. The in-person lectures on genetics and hormones will be relying on you having some prior knowledge.
Dr Carrie Jones, ND
Dr Carrie Jones is a Naturopathic Physician, board certified in Naturopathic Endocrinology (FABNE) with a Master's in Public Health (MPH) with over 17 years in the field of functional and integrative medicine. As former Adjunct Faculty for the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM), she has taught courses in both Gynecology and Advanced Endocrinology. She was the Medical Director for two large integrative clinics in Portland, Oregon and the Medical Director for Precision Analytical Inc, creators of the DUTCH Test for almost 10 years. She has served on the Human Performance Council for Under Armour and is the Clinical Expert for the Lifestyle Matrix Resource Center (LMRC) serving the SOS Stress Recovery Program. Currently, she is the Head of Medical Education at Rupa Health. Carrie says: " I am honored to lecture all over the world on the topic of health and hormones and have had the privilege to consult with the most amazing health care practitioners on their patients. Understanding the human body is complicated. My job is not to judge. My job is to educate and empower. "
Helen Gautschi, RD (SA)
Helen Gautschi is a registered dietician (SA) and holds a Bachelor of Science Dietetics (Honours) degree. Helen has a special interest in personalised healthcare and nutrition, especially, the field of nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics, and believes this to be a key area for management of health and wellbeing. Since joining DNAlysis, a genetic testing laboratory, over eight years ago, Helen has keenly been growing her knowledge in the eld of personalised healthcare and nutrition, and understanding the practical applications of genetic tests in the healthcare environment. She has given numerous lectures, both local and internationally, on the subject of nutrigenetics and personalised medicine in practice. Her role as educator and researcher, allows her to pass on genomics knowledge to like-minded healthcare practitioners.
Dr. Walid Khairallah MD
Dr. Walid Khairallah is the medical director of Green Clinics, a multidisciplinary clinic based in Beirut, Lebanon, practicing an integrated approach to medicine. He is an expert in evidence-based nutritional therapy, integrative medicine, and functional medical care. He is a graduate of the American University of Beirut medical school. His post-graduate training includes Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, as well as health coaching. He provides medical and nutritional advice to patients with diabetes, hormonal imbalances, chronic diseases including auto-immune conditions, and conditions that are influenced by imbalances in the gut microbiome.
TOPICS COVERED DURING IN PERSON CONFERENCE
• Overview of the DUTCH test: Science and clinical utility
• DUTCH – practical application
• DUTCH - test pairing opportunities
• Personalised medicine: a brief overview & recap of the science
• DNA Health: Lipid metabolism and insulin sensitivity genes
• DNA Health: Inflammation and oxidative stress
• Bone health
• DNA Health: Detoxification and methylation with DNA Oestrogen
• Vitamin metabolism and food responsiveness
• Organic Acids Testing
• The future of personalised healthcare
dnalife Certification Online Modules (included FREE with purchase of Dubai Conference):
• Introduction to Genetics
• DNA Health: Genetics of key biochemical processes governing health & disease (Lipid Metabolism, Methylation, Inflammation, Oxidative stress, Detoxification, Bone Health, Insulin Resistance, Food responsiveness, Vitamin Metabolism)
• DNA Oestrogen: Key biochemical processes governing Oestrogen Metabolism
• DNA Diet: Genetics of Weight Management
• DNA Sport: Genetics of Exercise Performance
• DNA Mind: Genetics and Mental Health
• DNA Pain: Insight into Key Biological Pathways that Influence Chronic Pain and Comorbid Conditions.
• DNA Smile: Insights into the state of your Oral Health and your Predisposition for Developing Periodontal Disease, Tooth Caries and Other Systemic Diseases
• Medcheck: Pharmacogenomics
Multiple choice questions are to be completed after each online module.
DUTCH training/HPA, HPO and HPG Axis (RECORDED) with Dr Carrie Jones (included FREE with purchase of Dubai Conference).
Product includes video parts 1-8 and related materials.
The DUTCH (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones) test analyses sex hormones and diurnal free cortisol patterns and cortisol metabolites in one simple comprehensive test. Along with melatonin and oxidative stress marker 8-OHdG. The training also familiarizes you with other versions of the DUTCH test.
• Friday 12 May 2023
• Saturday 13 May 2023
• Sunday 14 May 2023
Location: Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach, Dubai, UAE